Translate

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Houston State Representative Joe Moreno Dies in a Car Crash

It saddens me greatly to see that Houston Representative Joe Moreno died in a car crash early Friday morning on Highway 71 near LaGrange. It happened close to 2AM after hitting a median, over-correcting, and his truck rolling over several times. Two others driving with him were also injured, namely, Rep. Rafael Anchia, D-Dallas, and legislative staffer Monica Lisa Piñon. Anchia was released and Piñon is still in the hospital.

See Lawmaker Led With Good Humor in today's Austin Am-Statesmen for more on this.

Though I didn't know him very well, I knew him for a long time, beginning back when I lived in Houston during the late 90s and was always impressed with his spirit and dedication to the underprivileged and poor in the Latino community. This is a great loss to our state and nation. My condolences to the family. -Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment